Welcome to Catalina Island Golf Course
Tee-Off In Paradise
Santa Catalina Island's charm and history are mirrored by the Catalina Island Golf Course, the oldest operating golf course west of the Mississippi! Originally built by the Banning Brothers in 1892, this scenic, 2,100-yard course has nine challenging holes, two sets of tees for 18-hole play, and is the former home of the Bobby Jones Invitational Tournament. A fully stocked Pro Shop, rental clubs, electric and pull carts, and PGA-certified pro is available.
Originally designed as a three-hole course, the Catalina Golf Course was expanded to 9 holes in the early 1900's and in 1929 to a 18 hole tournament-worthy course. During World War two the course was not cared for and by 1945 the course was brought back to 9 holes. The current course features five Par 4 and four Par 3 holes.
The long, narrow course meanders through a canyon setting toward the ocean. The small greens and deep bunkers are enough to challenge any golfer. A practice putting green and driving net are available. Deer and hawks frequent the area. Hard spikes are not allowed.
Since 1967, the Avalon Men's Golf Club sponsors the Catalina Island Junior Golf Tournament. Junior golfers who played in the tournament and went on to greater fame include Craig Stadler, Corey Pavin, and Tiger Woods, who first played here at age 4 and then again at age 14. The Bobby Jones Invitational Tournament called Catalina home from 1931-1955.